Monday, October 10, 2011

This Parenting Stuff is Easy ;)

What a GREAT weekend we had!!  We were in Blacksburg (or as Blair calls it, "The Promise Land") for the VT vs. Miami game.  A big group of us made the trip: Todd and Traci; Matt and Kerri; Pops, Kyle, Marisa and Connor; Mike, Julie, Julie's Mom, and Vanessa.  You might say our tailgate was "no joke."

After our tailgate, the gang headed off for the game, and I took Connor for the day.  He is seriously the best baby in the world!  On the way to the tailgate, Marisa asked him if he wanted to take a nap. He nodded "yes," closed his eyes and went to sleep for an hour.  He fussed for all of 30 second when we left Mama, and then he was all giggles and smiles all day long.  He even told me when he needed to be changed.  I mean, from what I can tell, this parenting stuff is a breeze....  I'm kidding.  My dear MIL told me today that she would still watch our future children, even if they are terrors :)  I'm sure all of the good behavior genes have been used up on our nieces and nephews and Blair and I will be blessed with monkey babies that scream incessantly and climb every possible surface.

Sunday was the icing on the cake!  Matt and Kerri are friends with a great guy, Bruce, who works for the football team.  After a delicious breakfast a restaurant Bruce recommended, he turned to us and said "so you guys want to go tour the locker room?"  Uh, yes, yes we do! We saw the locker room, players' lounge, practice field, the ins and outs of Lane Stadium.  It was amazing!!!  Such a great weekend!

"Hmmm...yes, Connor, I do think I can fit you in my suitcase"

A few of these, and he was a happy kid all day long.  Seriously, parenting is sooo easy.  Obviously, I'm kidding. 

Cutest baby man in the world. 

Connor with his parents (until Auntie Ashley steals him)

No comments:

Post a Comment