Sunday, October 30, 2011

Snow, Tea, Halloween Party, Oh, and Anniversary!!

What a weekend it has been!  Blair has been gone all weekend for his company golf retreat, so I have spent braving the freak snow storm to run 1000 errands for our PARIS trip on FRIDAY!!!!  (just a bit excited).
Ice and snow on our roses out front.  Better to have snow on the roses in my yard  than on the ones in my wedding bouquet! 

Mixed in with all that hard work was a fun tea date with my Mom and Julie, followed by a Halloween party at the Bartiums House of Horrors...those two sure can decorate!  Since Blair wasn't able to join me at the party I went as "flying Solo."  Waka Waka Waka.  I am horribly self-entertaining.

"She's So Lo she can't get up!" Steve Bartimus  and then repeated 80 times by the neighborhood kids :)

Today is our official 1 year anniversary!  I am so excited for Blair to get home I just can't stand myself!  I spent hours perusing cookbooks to come up with the perfect romantic dinner, when it hit me that he will probably come in like a zombie and not be up for my flambe show...or for the potential house fire that could result.

I'll leave the flambe up to her :)  Just add a touch more wine...
Source: Grouprecipes.com

So, instead I have a pot roast simmering, and mashed potatoes on the agenda.  The best part?  Eating that darn wedding cake that has been taking up an entire shelf  in our freezer.  I'm sure it will taste like a frosting covered brick, but it is tradition, so we will give it a go.

I'm really excited for our little anniversary dinner tonight.  Even though we aren't really celebrating until Paris, it has still been a really fun few days leading up to today.  We have received lots of emails, phone calls, and sweet cards from family and friends.  We even received a typed copy of the speech my father-in-law made at the rehearsal dinner, which I have been waiting to read until Blair gets home.

 It's funny, when I walked down the aisle and saw Blair standing there waiting for me, I couldn't have imagined that I could have ever loved him more, but one year later, I do, and I hope I say the same every year.  It has been an amazing first year of marriage and I am very much looking forward to many more together.
Stuck with me now!

Love you to all!






1 comment:

  1. Paris?! When are you going?! I was there in May and it's absolutely beautiful!!!! I'd love to hear about your trip :) And - Happy Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete