Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Ashley Trivia

Most of the people that know me think the following:
1. I have blond hair
2. I love to cook

Surprise!  Both are now false!


Over the weekend I took a long past due visit to my hairdresser to take care of my redneck-like roots.  I told my hairdresser (Matilda) that I was looking to cut back on the die jobs, so she suggested I give my natural hair color a try.  I hadn't seen it in 15 years, so I wasn't quite sure what I would look like.  The verdict?  Well, the jury is still out on this one.  Don't get me wrong, she did a great job and gave me exactly what I asked for but...I may be blond by the weekend.


As for cooking- I love to read about food. I love to look at pretty pictures of food. Most importantly, I really love to eat food.  As for the cooking part? Eh.  I do enjoy spending a ton of time creating something special, but as for a simple weekday meal- it's a chore. 

But because I can't seem to afford a personal chef, I figured I should change up our repertoire in hopes of finding a few hits.  This week, I have one more hit to add to my list of repeats. 

The winner this week:

foodandwine.com



Sounds fancy, doesn't it?  It does take a little longer than your average weekday meal, but I found braising the cabbage to be relaxing, and it makes lots of leftovers- always a plus! 


3 comments: