Saturday, November 5, 2011

Ashley vs. the Sewing Machine

When Blair and I got engaged, I had all sorts of crazy visions on how crafty I would become once we were married.  Like a wedding band gives you magical crafty powers or something?

I registered for a sewing machine, and I was beyond thrilled when Mr. and Mrs. Illia bought for me as a shower gift.
Mr. and Mrs. Illia cutting a rug at our wedding

A few months ago Blair purchased some pants that needed to be hemmed.  I told him I could take care of it for him...and then the flashbacks of sewing myself to a pillow in 7th grade kicked in and I avoided the chore.

Today, the time came.  It was go time. Time to take on this wild beast.


An hour later, the bobbin was loaded.  Things were going great.

10 more minutes later, Blair's pants were done.  I called him upstairs and had him try on the pants.  My pulse was racing and my palms sweating.  My stomach churned.  He stepped in one slow leg at a time, zipped them and stood up straight.  Bam!  They fit!  I hemmed the s%&!t out of those pants.


Now, I'm off to go knit him a scarf and bake him a pie...and by that I mean, go to the mall, meet baby Jack and then go watch the game at a bar in Arlington with some friend.

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. what kind of sewing machine do you have?! i've been looking to get one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!! You should be in Paris, but instead, you're sewing his pants! You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete