Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Handy Hoyts

Blair and I fell in love with a wine tasting wall idea in a recent Pottery Barn catalog.  We decided we could copy the idea for far less than it would cost to buy the modular racks from Pottery Barn.  We painted and hung the chalkboard and wine racks a few weeks ago.  My parents came over this weekend with their tools to help us cut the crown molding that we used as a frame.


A HUGE "thank you" to my wonderful parents for bringing over the mitre saw and finish nail gun, and for teaching Blair how to use them while Mom and I supervised.

A piece of pressed hardboard, some chalkboard paint, crown molding, and a few wine racks from Amazon.com, and a tadaaa...  I present to you the Hoyt Wine Tasting Wall!


2 comments:

  1. holy shit dude. when I saw that picture at first on FB I thought it was an ultrasound. I was gonna be pissed! mainly because I just saw you less than a week ago! and also because I don't need any more knocked up friends :) I need more drinking buddies, which is why when I actually read the entire post it made me VERRRRRRRY happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I love it! BJ and I also feel in love with the PB wine wall - its amazing - but yours looks INCREDIBLE, too! When we have a house, I'll need your help adding one to my wall. xo

    ReplyDelete