Saturday, March 26, 2011

Happy Little Marriage Fairies

The success of or marriage certainly doesn't depend on them, but the status of our household most definitely does...marriage fairies. The other day I was stressing out a little bit about how much cleaning that needed to be done.  No one was coming over or anything, but I was hell bent and determined to start scrubbing.  I was busy working away, wondering if Blair had any idea why the loft bathroom never had any mildew.  I decided that he has "bathroom fairies."  Truthfully, Blair probably doesn't have any idea why the bathroom in the loft is free of mildew because he never worries about the bathroom in the loft period.

Fast forward a few days later.  A routine oil change reveals that I need four new tires.  I come home, and Blair asks how the maintenance appointment went.  I told him that I have good news and bad news:  bad news, we have to spend a significant amount of money on new tires, the good news, he has just been crowned the "tire fairy." 

More than a little confused by my amusement at my own jokes, and a little disturbed that I labeled him a fairy of any sorts, he graciously accepts the title.  

Another week in the Hoyt household has gone by with the marriage fairies hard at work.  Life is great, and we are more than blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment