Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patty's Day!

There are many things I love about my family (and new family), but one of my favorite qualities is that if you stick around long enough, you become a member of the family- blood relation or not.  I have dozens of aunts, uncles, and cousins that aren't technically "related".  This list includes, but is not limited to, half the state of West Virginia and according to my dear Nana, Wayne Newton.

It took me no time at all to realize that Blair and his family share this same quality, and I was soon adopted by his wonderful parents, siblings, aunts, uncles and cousins- those blood and friends as deep as blood.  I am blessed.  Some of the best parts of my new family are the wonderful little ones I get to watch grow up.

Hard to believe that a year ago today we welcomed our nephew Connor into the world.  Happy 1st birthday little man!  You are very loved!

And to all of us that are actually Irish, and those of us that have somehow been adopted into Irish families, happy St. Patrick's Day!

Cheers!

P.S.- I read Blair this post prior to publishing and he pointed out that St. Patrick was actually Scotish, not Irish (and he sort of threw in this "booya!" hand guesture).  So, happy St. Patrick's Day to all you Scotts out there too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment