Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Why hello Fall, it has been a while

Labor Day weekend...sigh.  Typically Labor Day is my absolute least favorite day of the year.  Yes, I do get the day off of work, and it is typically filled with bbq's and fun...but it is also the official end to summer, and that makes me very sad. 

However, this year is a little different.  Maybe it's the optimism of being a newly wed (I can still use that term for 2 more months), but I am actually looking forward to what lies ahead this fall.  Football kicked off with a tremendous (and in my opinion, slightly embarrassing) Hokie win on Saturday and a great tailgate with Blair and his folks.  On Sunday we celebrated Nana's birthday, and more importantly, the end of the very long road of surgery to deal with breast cancer.  Needless to say, this birthday was a little more special than most. 

So bring on Fall! 

Hokie Football!

More on the lovely people that made this delicious cake coming in my Local Loves Blog...yum!!


No comments:

Post a Comment