Sunday, September 11, 2011

So Thankful

I spent this weekend in Dewey Beach celebrating my dear friend, Allison and her dwindling "single" status.  I had so much fun spending the weekend with old friends and new ones.  I left early to get home to prepare for a BBQ we were hosting this afternoon for my parents, Blair's parents, his Aunt Donna and Uncle Bill, cousins Jonathan and Melanie and their three girls, cousin Kaitie, cousins Christopher (in spirit) and Molly and two of their lovely girls.  

As we hustled around preparing and later enjoyed a fun evening with our family in our home, I am so thankful.  I am thankful for the men and women who have been and are willing to give their lives so that I may have mine.  I am thankful for the husbands, wives, children, parents and siblings who keep the home fires burning for them.  I am thankful for the emergency response crews who act bravely in hopes of helping those in need.  

No comments:

Post a Comment