Monday, September 19, 2011

Running on Stupid

So I decided to go running today so I would have something funny to blog about...

I may have a few talents up my sleeve, but all of them seem to escape me when I run.  Here's the rundown, which starts last night at bedtime:

1) Set alarm so I can get up early and get to the gym for my first run since I injured myself back in the spring (clearly I have a great track record). 
2) Woke up about 50 times during the night because I was worried I would sleep in and miss my run.  Seriously, who does that for a Monday morning treadmill run?  This girl, that's who.  Stupidity #1
3) Make it to the gym a little early.  Put on my super awesome Garmin GPS running device that I love.  Stupidity #2- I don't really need a GPS device when I am running on a treadmill.  Was I worried I would get lost??
4)Forget to turn on said GPS device, so I ran the entire time in the same spot, not having my handy device tell me that I was in the same spot.  Stupidity #3
5) Manage to run all 6 miles at 8:49 pace.  This leaves me feeling proud of myself and accomplished for approximately 1 hour.
6) Proceed through the work day gimping along like sasquatch because I am horribly sore and potentially broken from running in place for 53 minutes with a GPS device that wasn't turned on.  Stupidity #4
7) I am now leaving to go to go buy new running shoes from the running store, where ironically I will receive a discount because I am a patient of the physical therapist office that I went to when I was injured from... running!! Ah, it all comes full circle. Stupidity #5

I am sure there will be more blogs on this topic in the future.  Cheers to all!

2 comments:

  1. You make me laugh! Seriously, though, great run!! Now do yourself a favor and buy some Brooks running shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As your PT friend, I must thank you for keeping me and all of my colleagues in business. Also, I think there's a Fleet Feet in Tysons... hit that up, they usually do well in fitting people.

    PS- Love you!

    ReplyDelete