Sunday, February 20, 2011

Week Roundup

I've been a little slow on the blog updating over the past few days.  It was a pretty busy end of the week, but all in all a great weekend.  Friday was kicked off by a visit to the allergist to determine if I am, in fact, allergic to shellfish- which included learning how to stab myself with an epi pen, a brochure on medical I.D. bracelets for kids (which I'm pretty sure was a discrete short joke by the doc), and finally a trip to the lab for blood work for the actual test.  There aren't many experiences that provide me with the snarky scenarios worth blogging over like a trip to a lab.  A tip to the lovely lab facility would be to try to make some attempt at preserving the dignity of their customers.  Fortunately, I just went there to donate a small vile of blood.  However, they sent one woman back to the lobby with a container the size of a milk jug in a clear plastic bag with a bright label with the words "specimen collection."  They also handed her a form to fill out before she left.  I would later learn through my own experience that this form was a customer satisfaction survey.  Somehow, I doubt the nice gentleman who described my veins as "juicy" received a report card full of smiley faces from that poor woman. 

Saturday was highlighted with a dinner at our house with a few of my girls and their husbands.  It was such a dream come true to have some of my best friends and our husbands in our house for dinner.  Fortunately, I didn't burn the house down, and as far as I know, no one was poisoned, so I will consider it a success.  Even though I had wanted that exact situation to play out for years, I couldn't help but think back and some of our younger days and think "we have husbands (or a fiance for Al). Wow!"

Even Charlie decided he would start eating my cooking, and he is now safely back under the supervision of my mom. 

Today it was a clean up and detox from a good night, and over to Blair's parents' home for dinner.  Kyle, Marissa, and baby Connor are in town and it was such a treat to see them.  Even if I did smack Connor's head into the chandelier...if Connor knows what's good for him, he will milk this guilt trip well in to his twenties.  Car?  College?  Pinball machine?  You got it kid!! 

Wishing everyone a good Sunday evening and hopes for the day off tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. you are an AMAZING cook and we so enjoyed Saturday night. It was so fun to see the newlyweds enjoying their amazing house and entertaining! Love you both, xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. jealous.com....i sooo wish we lived closer to everyone! miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete