Saturday, February 12, 2011

Life With a Grain of Salt

I have been wanting to create a blog for some time now.  Not because I have some really fun talent, or great ideas or some applicable skill...because I don't; but simply because I want to!  This blog is a diary of my new life- the one that was reinvented one year ago today with the simple question that changed my life for ever: "It's not cushion cut; do you want me to take it back?"  This little statement was a marriage proposal from my husband, Blair.  And because I just referred to him as my "husband", you know I accepted.  In the one year since Blair's proposal, my world has turned upside down-or perhaps I should say "right side up." 

I quit a job I loathed in construction management and accepted a great new position with a non-profit in Ashburn.  I will leave out the name in case I one day say something that might be deemed inappropriate and cause me to be fired from the aforementioned wonderful job. In the past year, Blair and I moved out of our individual homes and in with his parents, and then in with mine, and finally into our own home.  We were married in October, and life as we will know it has started to come together.  I even took a little part time job at a wine store down the street.  Husband, job, house, wine...life is good.

So about the title: for now this blog is an unsophisticated diary of my transformation from wearing a hard hat and muddy boots to wearing wedding veils, high heels, and the occasional apron. This blog, and life should be taken with (drum roll please)...."A Grain of Salt!"  I am ridiculously cheesy. 

Cheers to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment