Sunday, September 16, 2012

Blessed

This pregnancy has been 31 weeks of reminders of just how blessed we are.  First came the revelation that we were pregnant, then came the news that we were having not one, but two little monkeys.  As the months passed, we have constantly been reminded just how blessed we are for the people in our lives.

It would be enough to say that at 30 years old, that I still have both of my grandmothers.  But knowing they are both healthy and vivacious enough to join hands to throw a perfect baby shower leaves me feeling overwhelmed with gratitude.  Then to have the shower attended by so many family and friends, including my college roommates, high school buddies I haven't seen in years, and a surprise visit from two of my dear "squatches"....well, that is more than I could express in 1,000 blog posts.

We have been blown away by the generosity of family, friends and neighbors as they help us with the 10,000 things we need to buy and do to prepare for the babies.  Just yesterday our neighbors came by with 15 meals all divided and ready to freeze.  I had planned on spending the next month cooking double of everything to have some meals on hands and now I can just relax.  A wonderful gift for sure!


Marshmallow flowers created by my mom...and she doesn't even use Pinterest!





1 comment:

  1. Been thinking about you lately - you look great! Hope you're feeling well and getting excited as the big day gets closer!

    Jes Keefe

    ReplyDelete