Saturday, January 7, 2012

Home Improvement

As I mentioned before 2012 is the year of "locking it up!"  We start today with the first step in a series of home improvement projects.  My parents are coming over this afternoon to help us assess our unfinished bathroom to see if this is a project Blair and I can do ourselves, or if we have to defer it until "Spend like crazy again 2013," and rely on the help of professionals.  Here is what we have goin' on.

We hope to transform our basement from this:

Our basement.  A.k.a.- Blair's practice driving range.

To something a little more like this:

MSNBC.com
 So we start by transforming this:

The current unfinished basement bathroom

 Into something more like this (I can dream anyway):

Restorationhardware.com

Then we can move on to transforming this room:
Our storage room and my nightmare.
 Into something more like this one:

Thecontainerstore.com
Which just may lead to us putting some of this stuff to use in a dining room like this:

Apartmenttherapy.com

Before I look like this:

touregypt.net

Wish us luck!


7 comments:

  1. Very nice!! My husband had dreams of a basement like that, too....before the kids came and took it over :) Now, it looks like a preschool classroom (after a tornado hit most afternoons!) Best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love home improvement! If you decide it's too tough to tackle on your own, we have a friend who is awesome at this. Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina- my house looks post tornado, and I don't have a preschool to blame it on! :)

    Melanie- thank you very much!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! It looks like you have lots of good inspiration and I already know you have the best of tastes....Melanie is a wonderful source for other ideas....and very conveniently located for you! What is the outcome of your parents' assessment? Keep us posted! XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your ideas! Good luck! Can't wait to see the finished product. Your parents always had the coolest basement, so I have high expectations for yours ;-) XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all so very much! The verdict is in: Blair and I are going to give it a go. This should generate a few funny posts :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you and Blair are going to give this a go. If you need any help- you know you have a crafty sister that loves to get her hands dirty in my paint :) xo, Cristina

    ReplyDelete