Monday, July 25, 2011

In Spite of Ourselves

You know those weekends where it seems like everything is happening at once?  You can go weeks without any major commitments and then all of the sudden, BAM! there are tons of things going on. This was one of those weekends, and it was wonderful! I had all sorts of friends in town this weekend from all sorts of different parts of my life - childhood, college, and post-college childhood, all in for differing reasons. 

It took some sneaking out from work, and a grocery store rendezvous, but I was fortunate enough to catch up with all of them- even if for a brief few minutes.  Not that my earlier life was really all that reckless or anything, but I will say that I took advantage of my youth and my former ability to process strange cocktails. But in spite of the frat parties, jungle juice (of course that trashcan was clean), happy hours every night of the week, and chasing stupid boys, we all turned out just pretty well in spite of ourselves. 

So my dear ladies, cheers to who we used to be, who we managed to become, and to be being totally nuts again when we were old!  I've already started shopping for my moo moo dresses and big hats!

No comments:

Post a Comment