Monday, May 30, 2011

Magic Garden

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!!!  We hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! 

The Handy Hoyt's were back at it again, this time we took our skills (or lack thereof) outside and hit the yard.  Blair mowed and trimmed, while I planted and planted and planted.  We mixed up the weekend with more than a few cocktails with neighbors on our new patio.  All in all, a great weekend! 

Feeling quite proud of our gardening adventures, we headed out to spend the evening with my parents.  Just when we think we have this gardening thing down, we get completely trumped by my mom- a real life Snow White.  While I'm trying to get plants to live in my flower pots, she actually has a dove that lives in her hanging pot. The original nest was under the deck, but with no eggs and a bird that stayed for several months, my dad removed it.  The bird simply relocated to the hanging pot. This bird even lets her water the plant...and doesn't fly away. And no, there isn't a nest there.  The bird just sits there all day long, occasionally swapping out with her mate, and coming back.  I'm not even sure all of my plants will survive the night, and my mom has tamed a dove (and of course it's a dove). 

Here are a few pics of our handy work, and a few of my mom watering her bird.  Happy Memorial Day to all, and tremendous "thank you" to all those who have given, and continue to give so much by serving this great country.






Mom watering the plant and the dove


The dove, post watering.  Unphased.


No comments:

Post a Comment