Wednesday, January 6, 2016

2016 Resolution

With the magic of the holidays behind us, and the pleasant stillness of January before us, I have been spending some time thinking about 2016.  It has been years since I last made a New Year's Resolution, but it's time.  2016 is the year of "Becoming."

As 2015 dwindled down I realized that with all of the beautiful chaos that has been our life over the past few years, I lost myself.  I have been so busy trying to please everyone as an employee, wife, mother, daughter, etc. that I forgot to be.  We are blessed with three beautiful, smart, funny wonderful children and they have started to mimic  my every move.  It is a joy to watch them stand the way I do and say the things I say, but it has also been eye opening.

Parenting is no longer just about keeping everyone well fed, clothed and stimulated.  The rubber is hitting the road, and I want to set a good example.  I want them to strive to achieve the delicate balance that is happiness and fulfillment.  

In doing so, I'll take a little time out once in a while to get back to the things that make me happy.  Blogging is one of those things.  Maybe it will be once a month, or once a week.  I don't know- just whenever it makes me happy to do it. Cheers!









No comments:

Post a Comment