Monday, June 20, 2011

Assaulted

Today I was assaulted.  I was caught off guard and beaten. I went to yoga. 

My workout routines have primarily been based around running, but a nagging injury to my hip has me sidelined from that for a while, so I decided to give the Monday evening yoga class a try.  I was all prepped for a class of soft chimes, a hippie lady spraying the room with scented oils while telling me about my shakra (or something like that), and getting in some nice stretches for my hip...Wrong!

What I got was a lovely Indian woman- prepared for battle.  I was bended and stretched into all kinds of wacky positions, and there were some points where I was sure I would never emerge.  I heard something pop.  I knew it was one of my limbs, but I couldn't tell which one, or if it was still attached.  I grabbed a foam block at the beginning of class along with a long strap- because that's what everyone else did.  I later learned the block was the yoga version of training wheels, which I needed...and then fell off of.  The strap was used for the bondage portion of the class. Then she said something about going to the Himalayas, which sounded great until I realized that was "yoga" for push ups.  What?!?  What about the hippie with nice music and a gong?  I left exhausted and about 3.5" taller than I was when I started.  Now I know why my sisters-in-law have such awesome bodies.  That crap is hard!

Looking forward to next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment